Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#22 > audiobooks or the end is in sight

Let me start by saying that I love audiobooks. I have been listening to them for years, through varying technology - the walkman, the discman and now the iPOD. Currently most of what I 'read' is on audiobook as I am able to do other things whilst I listen. So I am very excited about being able to have library subscriptions to talking books via the web!
One of the really fabulous things I learnt about eBooks is the Adobe eReader that will allow your computer to read to you - this is a really fabulous service for those people who can no longer read themselves and have difficulty with handling tapes and cassettes. Libraries could be creating their own Large print site with a selection of items for members to use!

No comments: